Ordinals Summit 2023 Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (these "Terms”) constitute a legally binding agreement between you ("you" or the "Attendee") and Birthday Research Ltd. (the "Company”).
1. Acceptance of Terms
1.1. In these Terms, “You” refers to any person accessing our website: https://ordsummit.com (this “Site”), participating in our Affiliate Program, attending the Ordinals Summit 2023, purchasing tickets or otherwise obtaining tickets for the Ordinals Summit 2023, and carrying out any activities relating to the Ordinals Summit 2023 that we may provide from time to time (collectively the “Ordinals Summit 2023 activities” or the “Event”).
1.2. You are subject to these Terms as may be amended by us from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion. These Terms shall also include any other guidelines and policies which we may issue or publish on our Sites from time to time.
1.3. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the Ordinals Summit 2023 activities for any behavior which we deem unacceptable, or for breach of these Terms.
2.2. By providing us with your personal information on this Site, you agree to allow the Company and companies associated with this event to contact you (by mail, email, or telephone) regarding their services. If you do not wish to receive such communications please contact us in writing at email@example.com.
3. Ticket Purchase and Delivery
3.2. Ticket prices are set out in the online purchase form and may be subject to change from time to time. All prices are subject to local taxes where appropriate.
3.3. Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address entered by you into the online purchase form.
3.4. For questions about or assistance with ticket purchases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Tickets: Discounts / Refunds / Cancellations / Alteration
4.1. Discounts. Discounts cannot be combined with any other discount or multiple offers. Discount codes apply to new purchases of tickets only. The Company will not adjust the prices that you paid on previous purchases of tickets.
4.2. Refunds. All purchases of tickets for the Event are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of the Company and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the monies received from you by the Company for the ticket.
4.3. Cancellation or Alterations.
- 4.3.1 In the unlikely event of the cancellation of the Ordinals Summit 2023 by the Company, the liability of the Company is limited to the share of ticket fees that you actually paid that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
- 4.3.2 We reserve the right to change the date(s) of the Event as we deem fit, or cancel, alter in character or mode, reduce in scale, or shorten or extend the duration of the Event at any time due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control (a “force majeure event”). A force majeure event includes (i) an act of God, (ii) fire, (iii) flood, (iii) typhoon, (iv) storm, (v) war, (vi) riot, (vii) civil unrest, (viii) act of terrorism, (ix) strike, (x) industrial dispute, (xi) outbreak of epidemic or pandemic illness, (xii) unexpected rescheduling, cancellation or relocation of the Event venue for reasons that are outside of our control, (xiii) periods of high volume, illiquidity, or volatility in any such market for any digital asset or market disruption of any kind, (xiv) failure or major disruption of utility service, telecommunication, or transportation, or (xv) failure, non-performance, or a breach of a third-party (being a service provider or otherwise) that is instrumental to the conduct of the Event for reasons that is outside of our control. No refunds will be issued for cancellations or changes to the Event due to a force majeure event.
- 4.3.3 The Company accepts no responsibility for any airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by Attendees, including delegates, sponsors, speakers and guests.
5. Speaker / Exhibitor information
5.1. The Company will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from the Ordinals Summit 2023.
5.3. All items should be inspected immediately and tested to ensure their performance is satisfactory. Any disputes that the Speaker / Exhibitor has in respect of the rental items or installation must be raised to the Company before the commencement of the Ordinals Summit 2023. Otherwise all items are deemed to be received in good order and condition. In case of disappearance or damage, the respective Speaker / Exhibitor undertakes to reimburse the Company for the item at the item’s original value.
5.2. All items (screens, laptops, cabling, exhibition space, and other electronic equipment, rooms, furniture etc.) supplied are on a rental basis and no exchange, transfer or refund of ordered items on-site will be entertained. Speakers / Exhibitors must pay for any damages or losses caused to items supplied to them. Non-standard items may be offered on request, at a fee to be paid by the requestor, and are subject to the same terms and conditions.
6. Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
6.1. The maximum aggregate liability of the Company, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any damages, losses, costs, claims, or expenses arising out of or in connection with the Event, will be limited to the ticket fees actually paid by you (where applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, the Company will not be liable to you for:
- 6.1.1. any loss of profit, loss of or damage to data, or loss of reputation or goodwill; or
- 6.1.2. any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages.
6.2. Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude a Party's liability for:
- 6.2.1. death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its employees, contractors, or agents; or
- 6.2.2. any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.
6.3. Nothing in these Terms restricts or limits any general obligation at law for each Party to mitigate its losses or damage that it may suffer or incur as a consequence of any breach of obligations.
6.4. The Company will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend the Ordinals Summit 2023. In the event that you are unable to obtain a visa to enter the country that the Event is held in, your ticket(s) will not be refunded.
6.5. While the Event speakers and the agenda are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the Company may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or agenda topics. As such, the Company reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or agenda topics if necessary, without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on the Site as soon as possible.
6.6. You agree to be fully liable for (and indemnify us against) all losses, damages, costs, expenses and liabilities (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against the Company or their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, members, affiliated entities, and successors in interest (together the “Indemnified Persons”) in connection with any proceedings, claim or action against an Indemnified Person resulting from (i) a breach by you of any regulations, guidelines, or other directions from any supervisory authority in respect of or in relation to the Event and/or (ii) your use of the Site or use of the Site by any other person using your personal computer, mobile device, or internet access, where applicable.
7.1. You agree that you will not, and you will not aid, abet, encourage or induce any third party to engage in any of the following activities:
- 7.1.1. abusive activity: actions which:
- 22.214.171.124. impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or detrimentally interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or information;
- 126.96.36.199. transmit or upload any material to or through the Site that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful or deleterious programs; and/or
- 188.8.131.52. attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means;
- 7.1.2. abuse other person participating in the Event: activities which:
- 184.108.40.206. interfere with another participant’s access to or use of the Site or the Event;
- 220.127.116.11. incite, threaten, facilitate, promote, or encourage hate, racial intolerance, or violent acts against others; and/or
- 18.104.22.168. use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site or to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Site, including but not limited to identification numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, or addresses without proper consent;
- 7.1.3. fraud: activity which operates to defraud Users or any other person; provide any false, inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information to the Company;
- 7.1.4. ntellectual property infringement: any transactions, activities, and/or actions that:
- 22.214.171.124. whether or not involving items) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the law, including but not limited to the creation, issuance, sale, offer for sale, trading, distribution, solicitation, marketing, or promotion of any investment products (including digital assets, fiat currency, securities, commodities, investment or trading products, derivatives, structured products, investment funds, investment portfolios, commodity pools, swaps, securitisations or synthetic products), including where the price, return, and/or performance of the investment product is based on, derived from, or related to the Company or the Event or any portion thereof, without our express prior written consent;
- 126.96.36.199. modify, copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, sell, publish, broadcast, create derivative works from, or store proprietary or confidential data or other similar information provided via Site, without our express prior written consent;
- 188.8.131.52. make use of intellectual property, name, or logo, including use of trade or service marks belonging to the Company, without express consent from us or in a manner that otherwise harms the Company; and/or
- 7.1.5. activity which brings disrepute and/or is detrimental: any activity which could be expected to bring disrepute upon or be detrimental to the Company and/or the Event, the Services, the Site, or any other third party;
- 7.1.6. breach of these Terms: any activities, and/or actions that are in breach of and/or violate these Terms.
8.1. General information only
- 8.1.1. Please note that any information on the Site and provided during the Event is for general information only and should not be relied upon as financial or other professional advice. The Company is not a licensed financial adviser. You may wish to approach your own independent financial advisor before making any decision to buy, sell or hold any product and/or digital assets mentioned in the Site.
- 8.1.2. Any views, opinions, references, assertions of fact and/or other statements are not necessarily the views held by the Company. The Company disclaims any liability whatsoever that may arise out of or in connection with such statements. Always do your own research before investing in any financial assets and consult a qualified financial advisor if necessary.
- 8.1.3. Materials made available on the Site and/or provided during the Event are provided on an “as is, where is” basis, and the Company expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty in respect of the same. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the materials. The Company assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or expense from errors or commissions in the materials available in the Site and/or provided during the Event, whether arising in contract, tort, or otherwise.
9.1. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Singapore.
9.2. If any of these Terms is rendered void, illegal or unenforceable by any legislation to which it is subject, it shall be rendered void, illegal or unenforceable to that extent and no further and, for the avoidance of doubt, the rest of these Terms shall continue to be valid and in full force and effect.
9.3. The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms under the law of any jurisdiction shall not affect its legality, validity or enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction nor the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Last updated 11 July 2023.