This policy sets out the basis on which Birthday Research Ltd., a company incorporated under the laws of the British Virgin Islands with its registered office address Rodus Building, P.O. Box 3093, Road Town, Tortola, VG1110, British Virgin Islands (Unique Entity Number 202302955C) (together with our affiliates, our holding company, and affiliates of our holding company from time to time, collectively called "us" or "we") collects personal data from you and how we process such data.
By visiting our website https://ordsummit.com (our “Site”), by participating in our Affiliate Program, the Ordinals Summit 2023, and/or any other activities associated with the Ordinals Summit 2023 that we may provide from time to time (collectively the “Ordinals Summit 2023 activities”), you accept and consent to the practices set out below.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 For the purposes outlined in Clause 2, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us - information that you provide us (which may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personal description) by filling in forms on our Site, or by corresponding with us by email, for example:
- when you register for an account with us on our Site;
- when you report any problem to us;
- when you use certain features on our Site;
- when you request any support from us; or
- when you complete any survey or questionnaire we send you.
- Information we collect about you - information automatically collected when you visit our Site, for example:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- details of any transactions, purchases, and payments you made on our Site; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from third parties - We work with third parties and we may receive information about you from them, for example, affiliates, business partners, sub-contractors in due diligence, technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, or search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
1.2 We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary and in order to meet regulatory and compliance obligations.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
2.1 We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- to fulfil parties’ respective obligations as stated in the Terms and Conditions available on our Site or such other agreement governing the relationship between you and/or your Company and us, or to take steps at your request prior to you and/or your Company entering into such an agreement;
- providing, improving and developing the Ordinals Summit 2023;
- researching, designing and launching new features or products;
- presenting content and information on our Site in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use;
- providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about the Ordinals Summit 2023 activities or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
- verifying your identity;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with laws and regulations and/or legal obligations that are applicable to us in any part of the world;
- assisting in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- responding or taking part in legal proceedings, including seeking professional advice;
- communicating with you and responding to your questions or requests; and
- pursuant to purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal data we hold confidential but you agree we may provide information to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and/or related companies, as defined in Section 5 and Section 6 of the Companies Act 1967, Singapore;
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or the Ordinals Summit 2023 activities, who may be unaffiliated third parties whether in Singapore or abroad;
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners, and counterparts (on a need-to-know basis only);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make a disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in any part of the world; or
- actual or proposed transferees of our operations (or a substantial part thereof) in any part of the world.
4.2 Users of the Site are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Site onto their computers and/or other electronic devices, they should take the necessary steps within their internet browsers’ security settings to block all cookies from this Site.
4.3 You can choose to delete the cookies at any time. However, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Site more quickly and efficiently, including but not limited to personalization settings.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
4.5 We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. THIRD-PARTY SITES
Our Site or our communication with you may contain links to third-party websites, over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own practices and policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for any practices of third-party websites.
7.1 We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices from time to time to guard against unauthorized access, processing, or use.
7.2 Please note, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
8.1 Subject to any applicable legal and regulatory exemptions, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold personal data about you;
- access any personal data we hold about you; and
- require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal data we hold about you.
8.2 Any request under Clause 8.1 may be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our cost in processing your request.
8.3 You may refuse to provide or withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, or disclose your personal data by giving us reasonable notice in writing via email at the contact details provided below, as long as there are no legal, regulatory, or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
8.4 If you refuse to provide or withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data, depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be able to continue providing you and/or your Company with the Ordinals Summit 2023 activities and may not be able to provide you with access to our Site or access to the Ordinals Summit 2023. In such a situation, withdrawing your consent will require you and/or your Company to exit all Ordinals Summit 2023 activities that you are participating in and may require that you forfeit your ticket(s) to the Ordinals Summit 2023. We shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing via email at the contact details provided below.
8.5 Please note that your withdrawal of consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, process, retain, and disclose your personal data where such collection, use, and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws and/or regulatory guidelines.
We may amend this policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on our Site. By continuing to use our Site after the changes come into effect means that you agree to be bound by the revised policy.
10. CONTACT US
You may contact us if you have any inquiries or feedback on our personal data protection and privacy policies and procedures or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Email address: email@example.com
Last updated: 6 July 2023